Member Rules and Guidelines
MillWorks Co-Sharing is a collaborative, supportive, and professional community. In the interest of sustaining and maintaining this community and the members that it supports; all members must abide by the following rules and guidelines.
1. An active MillWorks Co-Sharing Membership is required to use any of the spaces or Services described here-in. Exceptions are limited to:
- Day Pass holders,
- Clients or guests of MillWorks Co-Sharing members with scheduled meetings or appointments, provided the Member is present.
- Non-member attendees of events at the space provided that the member that reserved the space and is hosting the event is present.
2. All memberships are month-to-month with the exception of those private office space members that have negotiated a longer-term commitment. Month start date is 1st of the month, the end date is the last day of the month.
For memberships starting mid-month the fees will be pro-rated accordingly.
A 14-day notice is required for month-to-month members to terminate their membership. For members with longer commitments, a 30-day notice must be submitted if the member does not wish to renew the agreement.
3. Monthly Membership Fees. Monthly membership fees are due on the first day of each month. Payment is late if received after the 10th of the month, a $25 late fee will be applied on the 11th. Payment is automatically charged to the payment method set up by the member in the member’s profile. Any problems with the payment method must be resolved prior to the 5th to avoid the $25 late fee. Members can make manual payments; this must be noted at the time of joining and arrangements for invoicing and payment made with the space manager.
4. All payments are processed through our website using STRIPE, a secure third-party payment processing method. ACH or credit cards are both acceptable. Once you create your membership you can add your preferred payment method to your profile.
5. Members cannot sublease space nor resell any services already offered and sold by MillWorks Co-Sharing. This includes, and is not limited to, sharing, gifting, or reselling office space, desk space, conference room, or event space hours.
6. MillWorks access codes for the building and wi-fi are not transferable. You are not authorized to copy or to give or “loan” your access code to anyone else for any reason. If this rule is violated your membership may be cancelled.
7. Guests. A guest is defined as a person or persons that are visiting a member for a period not to exceed one workday, with the Member present.
8. Noise Level. Members will maintain a noise level that is respectful of others and will permit all members to work without disturbance.
9. Members shall not place anything in the common areas, hallways, doors, windows, or any other surface or place that is visible by members without prior approval from the space manager.
10. Members will keep hallways, passages, exits, entrances, and stairways free from obstructions at all times.
11. Reserving conference rooms and the event/presentation room. The member room-booking portal is used to reserve dates and times for these rooms. Please be respectful of schedule times and book ample time for your meetings so that you don’t run over into another member’s time slot. It is recommended to leave at least 15 minutes between meetings to allow time for cleanup. Member room credits do not roll over from month to month and cannot be sold or gifted to others.
12. Kitchenette(s) and Common Areas. All members are asked to help to keep these areas neat and tidy. Please clean up after yourself; toss the coffee cups, clean spills, use the vacuum if you make a mess. Please report any major issues (heat or a/c issues, floods, leaks, bathroom back-up, etc.) to the building maintenance staff. This number is posted in the larger kitchenette area.
13. Refrigerator rules: Feel free to store food or beverages in the refrigerator. Alcoholic beverages are no permitted. Please don’t eat anyone else’s food or drink their drinks. Label your things with name and date. Toss your leftovers before they get stinky and green.
14. No cooking is allowed in the MillWorks Co-Sharing space. Use of the microwave, coffee pot, and electric kettle is permitted.
15. Please honor and respect the boundaries of all members. While socializing is a perk of a co-sharing space, most are here to get stuff done – please be mindful of that.
16. Internet Guidelines. Internet access included with memberships is through a wi-fi network managed with a Meraki access points. Access to the wi-fi network is granted through the membership portal.
All private office spaces have Cat6 Ethernet cable available.
Private office members have the option of contracting directly with Whip City Fiber for direct ethernet internet access. These members will be responsible for all fees related to this service and all contractual obligations with Westfield Gas and Electric/Whip City Fiber.
You may not assign your login name, password or IP address to any other person. You agree not to use the Service, any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related network or website for any fraudulent, unlawful, harassing or abusive purpose, or so as to damage or cause risk to our business, reputation, employees, subscribers, facilities, or to any person. Improper uses include, but are not limited to:
- Violating any applicable law or regulation;
- Posting or transmitting content you do not have the right to post or transmit;
- Posting or transmitting content that infringes a third party’s trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy, or other right;
- Posting or transmitting content that is unlawful, untrue, stalking, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, obscene, hateful, harmful or otherwise objectionable as determined in our sole discretion;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Deleting, tampering with or revising any material posted by any other person or entity;
- Accessing, tampering with or using non-public areas of the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing Space or related website, computer systems or network;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- Attempting to access or search the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related network or website with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by MillWorks Co-Sharing or other generally available third-party web browser;
- Sending unsolicited messages, including without limitation, promotions or advertisements for products or services, “pyramid schemes”, “spam”, “chain mail” or “junk mail”;
- Using the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related website or network to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related website or network;
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including without limitation, sending a “virus” to the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related website or network, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “crashing,” or “mailbombing” the Service or any MillWorks Co-Sharing or related website or network; or
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity. If MillWorks Co-Sharing suspects violations of any of the above, MillWorks Co-Sharing will investigate and may institute legal action, immediately deactivate Service to any account without prior notice to you, and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in bringing legal proceedings against violators. You agree to reasonably cooperate with MillWorks Co-Sharing Space in investigating suspected violations.
A downloadable pdf version of the membership agreement, terms and conditions, and rules regulations can be found here.